I was having my annual vacation in Egypt, and I had the chance to download Easy Taxi application on my mobile phone, I have downloaded and installed the application on my mobile phone “Nokia Lumia 920”, I created an account and started use the application. I'll share my experience with you.
I was at Abbasia Street and want to go to Al Shams Sporting Club, I opened the application and it detected my location:
Then I request a taxi, application will ask about my destination and more information about my location, and when I submitted the request, it send a request and wait for a driver to accept the request.
The application showed driver's contact and car information, and his current location, so that I can call him and keep tracking his position.
Then when the taxi arrived application notified me
- Request Taxi without any human interaction, maybe there will be phone calls.
- Share Taxi’s car information, so you have a log and can ride this taxi safely.
- Share Taxi’s contact information, so you can call him whenever you want.
- Share your location, so no need to tell the driver where you are.
- Real time current taxi location.
- No demo or video to give a brief information on how it works, till second time I didn’t figure out how to use it.
- Lack of technology from driver side, many times drivers called me to know my location and they have it on their mobile screen.
- Lack of basics from driver side, many times drivers accepted my request and they were to far from my location or they drove far from my location.