I’ve an old PC with Pentium 4 processor, so I want to use it instead of keep it off, so I’ve got an idea to make it Torrent Download Server.
What does I need to make it Torrent Download Server?
- I need a way to connect to it without sitting front, I use Remote Desktop Connection.
- Torrent client, I use uTorrent.
- Open port in your Router aka. Port forwarding.
- The Torrent files you want to download, you can get them from many website, but I recommend btjunkie demonoid torrentz & for series I suggest eztv
The main usage of this TDS is downloading my favorite TV series automatically without checking it daily, once the torrent file published on the internet boom the server get it & start to download the new episode,
So tell me how I can do it? tell me now, hey you tell me how I can do it? OK OK, I’ll tell you the secret right now:
Grab the RSS torrent feed for your favorite series, for example let’s say The Big Bang Theory:
- Go to ezrss search for The Big Bang Theory & make sure to test the search result to get the required show and quality.
- After grabbing the series' torrent RSS feed copy the link.
- Open uTorrent & Add RSS feed, give it Custom Alias, & choose if you want to download the feed manually or automatically.
- Now you’ll have a RSS feed for the series’ episodes.
Set the schedule to download, in case if you’re not using the internet connection only by yourself, you can use uTorrent schedule to download in idle time.
- Go to uTorrent –> Options –> Preferences (Ctrl + P) –> Scheduler [
- Choose the idle time that none is using the connection, like her I set it at the “In Work Time” so I’m setting there on my desk & downloading the new episode House MD like there’s a ghost of me in the house booooooooooo.
That’s it, Enjoy & happy watching.